Types of eye protection
Regular safety glasses or goggles with lenses made of either impact-resistant polycarbonate or chemical-resistant acetate.
The color (tint) of the lenses is crucial when choosing goggles. Each tint has its protective function and is therefore of great importance.
- Untinted - Used indoors and in normal outdoor lighting conditions.
- Yellow - Usedin difficult and dim lighting conditions. Contrast enhancing.
- Gray - Used when sunlight protection is needed.
- Mirror - Reduces the difference between light and dark areas and reduces sunglare.
- Light blue - Used in difficult and dim lighting conditions. Contrast enhancing.
Goggles with a tight fit to the face. Goggles can be closed or ventilated.
Visors and face shields
Protect against splashes and particles, and heat and light during welding.
All OX-ON eye protection provides full UV protection and is both optically and mechanically tested.
Learn about test methods for eye protection here.